Schmerz

What is the limit of physical pain I could feel in this body? There are people who feel no pain, who need no food, whose joy is completely detached and adamant. Nothing on this earth has any value to me. Animals feel acutely that which is physical, they are only dust. The feeling of life leaving is what pain is, the process of death. How could we bear it? The dying agony of any creature is dangerous and spiritually potent. There is something there beside what we can see. Something immense and enormous. What sort of torture is my worst nightmare? There is so much that makes me wince, seeing images of chaos in disaster, buildings burning and people trapped inside, fire singeing the flesh, people harming each other, small animals being hurt. This must make us wince if we have any soul, any connection to life. But does the eternal person, the prophet have a cold disregard for this? I know he does not, view merely the pain of the ultimate sacrifice to prove otherwise! Christ sweat blood. Jesus wept. I want to feel like he did, I want that pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Detroit Is a Waste

the story of intermind